I am a first-time importer what do I need to do?

I am a first-time importer what do I need to do?

Here's what you need to do.
1. Check your product eligibility
2. Pay and Register IOR 
3. Register your products and product label
4. Request IOR Shipping
5. Pay IOR Fees
6. Ship products 

How you can reach COVUE
We are available for you anytime, anywhere!

Reach us via our
Live Chat - Monday - Friday 9:00AM -  6:00PM 

or on our social media accounts!


    • Related Articles

    • I need an Importer of Record, can you be the IOR?

      First, we need to know your products for import to check if there are additional regulatory processes.    PRODUCT IMPORT CATEGORIES   Product Import Application These are the categories that need import application every time you ship your products ...
    • My shipment stuck in Japan customs, I did not know that I need an IOR can you help?

      Unfortunately, the process for foreign online sellers and IOR is not designed for product shipments in violation of the IOR requirements prior to shipping.    We cannot help you with your current shipment.    Process for IOR 1. Register company with ...
    • What is IOR?

      The Importer of Record (IOR) is the responsible party for the imported product into a country from a foreign country. The IOR is legally liable for payment of duties, taxes and fees and compliance with customs and other government agency regulations ...
    • Importing Shelf-Stable Food

      If you are looking to import food into Japan, we will take care of that for you! A complete food import application for every shipment provided by the importer of record (IOR) is required by the Japan law. The food import application also requires ...
    • How to provide shipping invoice documents

      Declared Shipping Value for  Foreign Online Sellers Japan Import laws have changed! If you do not have a registered Japanese company and you sell online in Japan, you are considered a Foreign Online Seller. All imports pay 10% Tax  + Duty Tax You ...